Patrick’s Pet Care is happy to provide transportation services for your pet to bring them anywhere they need to be! Whether they have a very important grooming appointment or a cross-country flight to catch, we’d be pleased to transport them quickly, safely, and securely to their destination. Our spacious, comfortable and well maintained “Pet Force One” themed vans have space for up to four (4) pets as well as a single (1) human passenger and luggage too! You can always count on Patrick’s Pet Care for a comfortable ride.
Transportation Within DC
- The District’s Northwest quadrant is our home base, and we can transport between NW addresses for a flat rate of $25 per trip
- For rides that take us a bit further out of our way, we’re happy to service Northeast, Southeast, and Southwest addresses for $35 per trip
- Wait time for round trips with pick up and drop off less than 3 hours apart: $50/hr
- We also offer transportation to the Maryland and Virginia counties surrounding DC. Trips to and from the following counties are a flat rate of $60 per trip
- Montgomery or Prince George’s counties in Maryland.
- Arlington county (including the city of Alexandria) in Virginia.
- Round trips to suburban destinations with pick up and drop off less than four hours apart shall include a mandatory vehicle wait time at $50/hr
- Reagan National Airport$60 per trip
- Dulles International Airport $75 per trip
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI) $125 per trip
A “trip” is considered a one way journey from the District of Columbia to one of these airports OR a trip from one of these airports to the District of Columbia. For trips that begin or end outside of DC, please request a quote.
Custom Charter and Package Quotes
- We’d be happy to give you a quote to take your pet just about anywhere in the United States. Whether it’s to avoid having to put your furry family in the cargo hold of a plane, or because your pet has special needs and would really benefit from that personal touch and a stress free journey, get in touch with us and we’ll put something together. And if you send your pet to the same place on a semi-regular basis and would like a quote for a discounted package of trips, please get in touch with us about that too.
Policies and Procedures
- Time spent waiting on site, either for the customer or in between a pick up and a drop off, will be billed at a rate of $50 per hour.
- All payments are processed through PayPal, and invoices for services will be issued not later than one week prior to the transportation appointment, or as soon as practicable for short-notice requests. Invoices must be paid within seven days of receipt.
- Any unpaid balances will have compounded 15% interest added after the first 30 days and every 30 days thereafter until the balance is paid.
- Accounts left unpaid after 90 days will be referred to Cavalry Portfolio Services for collections.
- Substantial cargo or luggage: $25
- Short notice or emergency trip with less than 24 hours notice: $50
- Customers who provide at least two week’s notice of cancellation will receive a full refund of any payments made. Customers who provide less than two weeks’ notice will receive a credit toward a future transportation request. Any customer who cancels with less than 48 hours notice will not receive a refund or credit.
- We do not offer exact appointment times for transportation pick ups or drop offs. At a minimum we require a one-hour service window during which the pick up or drop off can take place. Ex: a window of 10am-11am for a pick up.
- We require 24 hours advance notice for any reservation.
- If the customer will not be present for a pickup or drop off, the customer must provide clear access instructions and means of entry. This is usually a complete set of keys to the pickup AND drop off locations, as necessary. Keys left at a staffed building front desk are acceptable, but the use of a call box to call a customer’s cell phone is not.
- The key requirement is waived when inapplicable, such as when the pick up or drop off is a public place or a facility operated by Patrick’s Pet Care.
- Patrick’s Pet Care maintains an office lockbox in Columbia Heights that is accessible to clients 24/7 to drop off and pick up their keys.
Customers should absolutely never give the only means of gaining access to their own home to Patrick’s Pet Care.
- Customers should absolutely never ask Patrick’s Pet Care to lock their keys in their home, and in so doing lock Patrick’s Pet Care out. Doing so is against company policy.
- A telephone or in person consultation is only required in advance if a) we are transporting your pet to our boarding facility to board and we have never met him or her before b) if your pet has special needs that may affect the transport process c) we are establishing a regular, recurring transport when there will be no home owners present.
- Customers will receive a text message 30 minutes and 5 minutes before arrival for a scheduled pick up.
- Customers will also be updated by text message when their pet has been dropped off if the pet is traveling without their owner.
- Patrick’s Pet Care reserves the right to refuse service to any person, for any reason, including but not limited to:
- Customer failing to disclose a serious medical condition about their pet.
- Customer insisting that Patrick’s Pet Care provide services in a way that Patrick’s Pet Care considers unethical
- Customer refusing to pay past outstanding bills
- Customer treating members of the Patrick’s Pet Care staff with disrespect