If you’re going out of town and would like someone to take care of your home and pets while you’re away, Patrick’s Pet Care is happy to help! One of our experienced caretakers would be happy to stay overnight, keep everything neat, and cater to all your pets’ needs so they can enjoy the comforts of their own home while you’re away.
The following features are included in the cost of each overnight pet sit:
- Lots of social time while the caretakers stay with your pets, keeping their routines as consistent as possible and keeping them company overnight.
- One daily check-in email, typically each evening, with a report of the day’s activities and pictures of your pets.
- Up to three walks per day for dogs.
- Feeding up to three times per day.
- Administration of basic oral and topical medications.
- Cleaning up after ourselves (sweeping, doing dishes, cleaning litter boxes, etc.).
- Mail, newspaper, and package collection and organization.
- Indoor plant care according to specific customer instructions.
- When they leave, caretakers will leave everything in an even better state than they found it!
Rates and Service Area
- The District’s Northwest and Northeast quadrants are our home base, so if you’re located in NW or NE DC we’re happy to offer an in-home overnight rate of $100 per night for up to four animals. The rate is all inclusive, as described above.
- If your home is located outside the Northwest and Northeast quadrants of DC, reservations for in-home overnight pet sitting may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please use our get in touch form for a quote.
- Requests for an in-home pet sit must be made at least one month prior to the expected start date.
Pet sits lasting five consecutive days or longer will receive a 10% discount off the total cost of the pet sitting reservation.
- Short video with your usual email update: $5 per video
- Webcam Monitoring: $10 per day – Wifi connection and smart phone required
- 60 minute Dog Park and/or Rock Creek Park Excursion: $25 per visit
- Consultation: for new customers, there is a $20 one-time fee that covers the initial consultation with a manager and orientation to your home.
- Key Duplication: $5 per key, as necessary.
- Pet Supplies: if insufficient supplies (food, litter, etc.) are left given the duration of the trip, there is a $20 fee in addition to reimbursement of expenses for replacement supplies.
- Medication: administration of invasive or complex medications is $5 per administration.
- Holiday Rate: overnight reservations taking place on holiday weekends (New Year’s, MLK Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) will be billed at $125 per night.
Policies and Procedures
Caretakers will observe the following rules and procedures while staying at your home:
- Unless explicitly cleared in advance with the customer, the caretaker will only allow Patrick’s Pet Care staff in the home.
- Caretakers will sleep in your home every night of the pet sit, strip the bed of linens at the end of the stay, and start the wash if in-home laundry is available.
- While our staff won’t go out of their way to explore your home, the caretaker will assume that he or she is allowed to be in any part of the home unless explicitly informed in advance.
- Caretakers are free to use the television and internet for the duration of the pet sit. Instructions and Wifi passwords will be provided as necessary by the customer.
- The customer will provide clean linens and towels for the caretaker to use for the duration of his or her stay.
- Caretakers are free to set the heat or air conditioning to their personal preference for the duration of the pet sit. The customer will provide any necessary instructions for using the heating or cooling system.
- Caretakers are free to eat and/or prepare any food in the kitchen or pantry, unless otherwise specified.
- Patrick’s Pet Care maintains a wonderful staff of caretakers, all of whom are trained, bonded, insured, experienced, and paid at least a District of Columbia living wage. In-home pet sit customers will always have the opportunity to meet their sitter beforehand, and go over their preferences for how everything be done while they are away.
- For regular Patrick’s Pet Care dog walking customers, we make every effort to have your usual mid-day walker perform any pet sits you need.
- Requests for specific pet sitters are welcome, and will be accommodated whenever possible.
- Billing is done “per night” with a check in and check out time of 12:00pm. Customers who drop off their dogs before 12pm or who do not pick up their dogs by 12pm will be charged an additional 1/2 day charge. Customers who do not pick up their dogs by 6:00pm will be charged an additional night’s stay.
- All payments are processed through PayPal, and invoices for service will be issued not later than one week prior to the beginning of the pet sit, or as soon as practicable for short-notice requests. Invoices must be paid within seven days of receipt.
Any unpaid balances will have compounded 15% interest added after the first 30 days and every 30 days thereafter until the balance is paid. Accounts left unpaid after 90 days will be referred to Cavalry Portfolio Services for collections.
- Customers who provide at least two weeks’ notice of cancellation will receive a full refund of any payments made. Customers who provide less than two weeks’ notice will receive a credit toward a future pet sitting request. Any customer who cancels with less than four days’ notice will not receive a refund or credit.
- We do not offer exact times for walks or feeding taking place during the pet sit. At a minimum we require a one-hour service window during which each feeding or walk can take place (ex: an 7am-8am window for breakfast and a morning walk). The windows for walks and feeding are kept consistent from day to day.
- All clients must provide Patrick’s Pet Care with two (2) complete sets of keys to the home for the duration of the pet sit. In cases where a building fob is required, one fob will do. Patrick’s Pet Care is happy to duplicate keys at client expense.
- Patrick’s Pet Care management meets all new clients personally, and we schedule consultations using the intake form on our website. Following customer submission of the intake form, management will be in touch via email as soon as possible to organize a consultation. The manager and sitter will then meet with the customer to discuss logistics of the pet sit request, and the customer should be prepared to furnish their keys at that time.
- Returning customers don’t need an orientation with a manager, but should be prepared to meet with the sitter if the sitter is someone who hasn’t previously done a pet sit for that customer.
Patrick’s Pet Care reserves the right to refuse service to any person, for any reason, including but not limited to:
- Customer failing to disclose a serious medical condition about their pet,
- Customer insisting that Patrick’s Pet Care provide services in a way that Patrick’s Pet Care considers unethical,
- Customer refusing to pay past outstanding bills, or
- Customer treating members of the Patrick’s Pet Care staff with disrespect.