Patrick’s Pet Care is pleased to provide a home away from home for cats and other small animals at our facility in Columbia Heights. We are currently equipped to accommodate cats, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs and most birds. If you’re going on a trip and think your furry or feathered friend would be more comfortable with us than home all alone, we’re happy to set up a comfortable place for them to stay and give them all the attention they’re used to getting at home. Our Cat & Small Animal Hotel is located adjacent to our main office, so we’ll always be around to hang out. And if you need your pet dropped off or picked up, we can do that too!
Pricing for Cats
- Kitty Condo: Our facility is equipped with “Kitty Condos,” large tiered enclosures with litter boxes, food and water bowls, toys, and plenty of comfortable places to lounge and hang out inside. These private accommodations are $30 per night.
- Free Reign: Since our Cat and Pet Hotel is located directly adjacent to Patrick’s Pet Care’s office, we have a limited ability to give a boarded cat “free reign” of our office. With this option, your cat will be free to explore our office and get tons of attention from all our very loving staff. Food, water, litter, and toys will be set up in our office space for your cat to enjoy, at a cost of $40 per night.
Pricing for Non-Felines
Our facility is also able to accept other small pets who stay in enclosures, such as rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, birds, and other similar caged pets. Patrick’s Pet Care does maintain a limited number of such enclosures for these types of animals, but customers should confirm that one is available for their type of pet before booking. Customers also provide the necessary supplies for these animals, which typically includes bedding and food as well as hay and leafy greens when appropriate. Fridge space is available. These accommodations are $20 per night to care for the occupants of one enclosure. So if you have two rabbits or two ferrets who stay in one enclosure, the rate would be $20 per night for both.
- A second cat from the same household will receive a 50% discount from posted rates
- A third cat from the same household will receive a 25% discount from posted rates
- Both cat & small animal boarding reservations lasting fourteen consecutive nights or longer will receive a 15% discount
- Cat Boarding reservations lasting 30 consecutive nights will receive a $600 flat monthly rate for those 30 nights.
- Small animal boarding reservations lasting 30 consecutive nights will receive a $300 flat rate for those 30 nights.
- Note: flat monthly rate reservations cannot begin within two weeks before Thanksgiving day or within the two weeks before Christmas day
About Your Pet’s Stay
- Reservations for boarding guests are accepted on first come, first served basis. Holidays in particular are busy and tend to fill up quickly. To be sure we can accommodate your reservation, it’s always helpful to submit your intake form as early as practicable.
- Responses by Patrick’s Pet Care to inquiries about availability and rates on certain dates cannot and should not be interpreted to be a confirmation of a reservation. A confirmation of a reservation is only assured once an invoice has been issued by Patrick’s Pet Care and has been paid by the customer.
- Supervision by Patrick’s Pet Care’s team of experienced caretakers from 8am – 8pm.
- Frequent socialization and playtime with our caretakers, and with other pets if applicable.
- Meals given according to his or her usual schedule.
- A calm, quiet, and cozy environment to sleep at night.
If you’re not able to bring your pet to our facility yourself, we’re happy to transport him or her for you! Transportation appointments must be organized before the reservation is scheduled to begin, and additional information can be found in our Transportation Services Information sheet. Generally, our rates are:
- $25 for addresses in Northwest DC
- $30 for addresses in Northeast, Southeast, or Southwest DC
- $50 for addresses in Montgomery, Prince George’s, Arlington, or Fairfax counties
- Your pets!
- Cat or pet carrier for easy transportation
- Vaccination information
- Enough food for their stay, as well as any preferred treats
- Any medications (preferably in the original container)
- A favorite toy or two
- Measuring cups
- Litter or Litter boxes
- Updates are delivered via email, with pictures of your pet included.
- Our standard update schedule is Tuesday/ Thursday/ Sunday
- For reservations lasting longer than one week, weekly updates are sent on Sunday afternoons.
Policies and Procedures
We’re not able to accept reservations lasting fewer than two consecutive nights.
We’re not able to board cats who are younger than six months of age
Customers who provide at least two weeks’ notice (from the start date of the reservation) of a cancellation shall receive a full refund. Customers who provide less than two weeks’ notice shall receive a credit toward a future stay. Customers who cancel with less than 72 hours notice shall not receive a credit or a refund, and there are no refunds for early returns or early pick ups. There are no refunds or credits for any stay that was booked for a holiday weekend, the week of Thanksgiving, or for any date between December 15 and January 15.
- All payments are processed through PayPal, and invoices for boarding reservations will be issued not later than one week prior to the beginning of the stay, or as soon as practicable for short-notice requests. Invoices must be paid within seven days of receipt.
- Billing is done “per night” with a check in and check out time of 12:00pm. Customers who drop off their pets before 12pm or who do not pick up their pets by 12pm will be charged an additional 1/2 day charge. Customers who do not pick up their pets by 6:00pm will be charged an additional night’s stay.
- Short Notice Reservations: Any reservation requested and confirmed with less than one week (7 days) notice is subject to a $25 Short Notice Fee
- Last Minute Reservations: Any reservation requested and confirmed with less than 24 hours notice is subject to a $50 Last Minute Fee
- Special Needs: pets with separation anxiety, complicated food preparation, aggression, destructive tendencies, etc. (evaluated case by case) are subject to additional feed ranging from $5 – $25 per night. Special Needs Fees will always be negotiated before an invoice for the reservation is issued.
- Once daily oral medication consumed with food: no charge
- Once daily topical and non-invasive medication: no charge
- Once daily invasive oral medication administration: $15 per dose
- Twice daily time sensitive medication administration: $15 per occurrence
- Medical Attention: if your pet become ill or injured while in our care, we’ll contact you for instructions. If you cannot be reached, we’ll contact your listed emergency contact. If neither of you can be reached Patrick’s Pet Care will take the pet to either your preferred veterinary hospital (if it’s open) or to Friendship Animal Hospital.Customers will be billed $50/hr for this service, plus reimbursement for any charges incurred by Patrick’s Pet Care.
- Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday: 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Sunday (and federal holiday Mondays): 3:00pm-5:00pm
- All other federal holidays: closed to drop offs and pick ups
Tours for new customers can be made by appointment at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday 9:00am-6:00pm
- Tuesday 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday 3:00pm-5:00pm
If the pick up and drop off hours don’t work for your travel plans, you can also book transportation for your pet.
**Existing and returning customers (no new customers) may also drop off and pick up their cat via our small dog day care during these additional hours:
- Monday-Friday 7:30am-7:30pm
**Existing and returning customers who take advantage of the small dog day care drop off hours should be aware that their cat may stay in its carrier for up to an hour until a manager on duty can transfer him/her from the small dog day care to the cat hotel
(The last three are commonly referred to together as “FVRCP”)
As a preventitive measure all feline guests are also required to be on:
-Current flea and tick regimen