Patrick’s Pet Care is pleased to provide a boarding facility in Columbia Heights to keep careful watch over your best friend while you’re traveling. Located at our dog day care, our traditional boarding facility is set up to maximize the care and comfort of your dog. The service is called “traditional boarding” because there are kennels, but they are used for feeding, behavioral issues and overnight sleeping from 8:30pm to 7:30am. The rest of the time the dogs are free to roam. We welcome short term stays, long term and even monthly discounted stays. And don’t forget we can pick up and drop off your dog from your home.
- Baseline Price: $60 per night
Holiday Weekends: $70 per night
- For certain dates during the week or Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Weeks: $70 per night. Inquire for specific dates the elevated rate is applied.
- Long Term Monthly Flat Rate Boarding Ask For Quote
- A second dog from the same household will receive a 50% discount from posted rates
- A third dog from the same household will receive a 25% discount from posted rates
- Existing Patrick’s Pet Care dog walking customers receive a $10 per night discount off posted rates
- Existing “Recurring Discount” dog walking customers may deduct the value of each walk they would have received during normal walking days from the daily boarding rates
- Reservations lasting at least ten consecutive nights will receive a $15 per night discount (except for holidays and holiday weekends listed above).
About Your Dog’s Stay
Reservations for boarding guests are accepted on first come, first served basis. Holidays in particular are busy and tend to fill up quickly. To be sure we can accommodate your reservation, it’s always helpful to submit your intake form as early as practicable.
Responses by Patrick’s Pet Care to inquiries about availability and rates on certain dates cannot and should not be interpreted to be a confirmation of a reservation. A confirmation of a reservation is only assured once an invoice has been issued by Patrick’s Pet Care and has been paid by the customer.
- Daytime supervision by our Day Care Attendants between 7:30am and 8:30pm.
- Frequent and regular attention and socialization, following the temperament of the dog and your instructions, with both our Attendants and the dogs who come to our day care
- At least one peanut butter kong or chew treat per day, except where customer instructions or allergies prohibit it
- Meals according to his or her usual schedule, or at 8am & 7pm if no other instructions are given
Four walks per day, at or around 7am, 11am, 4pm and 8pm. All walks are fifteen minute quick relief breaks, or may be longer depending on the weather
- Email updates on request, beginning the second day of your dog’s stay
- A calm, quiet, and cozy environment to sleep at night
- Short video with your usual email update: $5 per instance
- 60 minute Dog Park and / or Rock Creek Park Excursion: $25 per visit
- Bathing: $20
- Nail clipping: $10
FREE for existing dog walking customers whose transportation request can function as their dog’s usual mid-day walk.
$15 for addresses within reasonable walking distance of Columbia Heightst
$25 for addresses in Northwest DC
$30 for addresses in Northeast, Southeast, or Southwest DC
$50 for addresses in Montgomery, Prince George’s, Arlington, or Fairfax counties
Collar and / or harness (harnesses are encouraged for safety)
Vaccination and DC pet registration tags, if applicable
Enough food for their stay, as well as any prefered / special treats
Any medications (preferably in the original container)
A favorite toy or two
Food or water bowls
Crates, unless the animal is being crate trained or feels safe sleeping in its home crate
Anything that you would be very upset to see chewed
At the end of the day, after our day care pups have left, boarding dogs are crated and fed their dinner, given a big bowl of fresh water, and provided with clean, comfortable bedding for the night. The dogs sleep in crates without human supervision between the hours of 8:30pm and 7:30am.
We believe an animal’s routine should be preserved if at all possible while he or she is an overnight guest at Patrick’s Pet Care so that he or she doesn’t experience unnecessary stress or discomfort. For example, if the dog is used to eating his or her meals at 7am and 4pm, we will make every effort to feed the dog at 7am and 4pm while he or she is a guest. Consequently, it is important that the dog’s current routine be explained in the intake form so that it can be planned for and quoted accordingly.
If the dog has any habits the client wants encouraged or discouraged during the dog’s stay, please let us know. An example of this might be encouraging or discouraging the dog from getting on furniture.
Policies and Procedures
Invoices for boarding reservations will be issued not later than one week prior to the beginning of the stay, or as soon as practicable for short-notice requests. Invoices must be paid within seven days of receipt.
Billing is done “per night” with a check in and check out time of 12:00pm. Customers who drop off their dogs before 12pm or who do not pick up their dogs by 12pm will be charged an additional 1/2 day charge. Customers who do not pick up their dogs by 6:00pm will be charged an additional night’s stay.
- Short Notice Reservations: Any reservation requested and confirmed with less than one week (7 days) notice is subject to a $25 Short Notice Fee
- Last Minute Reservations: Any reservation requested and confirmed with less than 24 hours notice is subject to a $50 Last Minute Fee
- Puppies: Any dog younger than 6 months, or any dog who is not house-trained, is subject to a Puppy Fee of $10 per night.
- Special Needs: dogs with separation anxiety, complicated or extremely time-specific medications, illness, aggression, destructive tendencies, etc. (evaluated case by case) are subject to additional feed ranging from $5 – $25 per night. Special Needs Fees will always be negotiated before an invoice for the reservation is issued.
- Medical Attention: if your dog becomes ill or injured while in our care, we’ll contact you for instructions. If you cannot be reached, we’ll contact your listed emergency contact. If neither of you can be reached Patrick’s Pet Care will take the dog to either your preferred veterinary hospital (if it’s open) or to Friendship Animal Hospital. Customers will be billed $50/hr for this service, plus reimbursement for any charges incurred by Patrick’s Pet Care.
Patrick’s Pet Care is open 7:30am-8:30pm Monday-Friday. Drop offs and pick ups on the weekends are available 8am-7pm by appointment.