About the BnB
The Dog BnB is a unique and customized dog boarding option for dogs that require special attention, that extra level of TLC, and those who would not be accepted by traditional dog boarding establishments for one reason or another. Most often this includes adult dogs who have not been properly socialized to other dogs, those who have not been spayed or neutered, and senior or mildly infirm dogs who might find the hustle and bustle of a traditional dog boarding environment stressful. Set up like a city apartment, the number of guests is strictly limited to 4, and are welcome to have either free reign in a group or private space where they may sit on the couches and watch TV, just like at home. Imagine it as a professional version of Rover. The Dog BnB is also the perfect place if your dog has complex maintenance medications for a chronic medical condition that are important to administer at specific times to keep him or her comfortable and happy while you are away. If you have a special request, that is exactly what the BnB is for. The BnB is managed personally by Patrick’s mom; there’s no better care available anywhere in DC.
- Tender Loving Care
- If you want your dog to enjoy a home rather than stay at an “institution” or a “facility” then the BnB is just for your dog. Patrick’s mom will take care of your family as we do our own family, with more than 40 years of experience in pet care to call upon.
- Senior Dog Boarding
- Aging dogs can be particular, infirm and sensitive. The hustle and bustle of a traditional kennel is too much. They need someplace quiet and comfortable, they need slow walks at their own pace and maybe some special attention to get them to eat while you are away. No problem.
- Special Needs Dogs
- Does your dog get anxious when you go away? Or maybe your dog is friendly but not neutered? Most places won’t take him, but we don’t mind.
- Complex Medication Administration
- Does your dog have seizures, diabetes or limited kidney function? We can make sure your dog gets all her complex maintenance medications to keep his/her chronic condition under control until you get back.
- Baseline Price: $75 per night
- Holiday Weekends (MLK Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day): $85 per night
- For certain dates during the week or Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s: $100 per night. Inquire for specific dates the elevated rate is applied.
- Cage free stay, except if the customer requests one
- 24 hour professional supervision by our BnB Manager in residence
- Frequent and regular attention and socialization, just like at home, following the temperament of the dog and your instructions
- Meals according to his/her schedule, or at 7am and 7pm if no other instructions are given, with his or her regular food provided by you
- Four walks per day at 7am, 11am, 3:30pm, and 7:30pm, as well as a quick relief break in the private yard at 10pm before bed
- At least one peanut butter log or chew treat per day, except where customer preferences or allergies prohibit it
- An email update every day, with photos to let you know how he or she is doing
- Administration of up to 2 medications (oral or topical)
- 60 minute dog park excursion $50
- 2 hour Rock Creek Park excursion: $100 (weather permitting)
- A day of fun at Patrick’s Dog Day Care: posted rates
- Real beef marrow bone: $7 each
- Private walks: $20/day
- 15 minute webcam / Skype check in: $50
- Detailed telephone updates instead of email: $5/day
- Bath and facial scrub: $25
- Nail trim during the stay: $20
- Both bath and nails: $40
- Training while he/she boards: inquire
Hours and Directions
- Monday-Friday: 9am – 6pm
- Saturday: 9am – 12pm
- Sunday (and federal holiday Mondays): 12pm – 6pm
- 202-630-7387, then press “1007”
- This phone line is only monitored during drop off and pick up hours stated above
- Pick Up or Drop off via our Small Dog Day Care (3303 11th Street NW)
- Monday-Friday 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Customers may arrange to drop their pet off or have their pet picked up from our dog day care at 3303 11th Street NW. The pet will then be safely transported by PPC staff to the Dog BnB.
- Transportation by Patrick’s Pet Care’s Pet Taxi, Pet Force One
- 7 days per week, 8am – 8pm
- Customers may request transportation for their pet to and/or from their home
- The customer must be home or access must be arranged for in advance with either a copy of the customer’s key or arrangements with a front desk concierge
- Drop offs and pick ups are offered on a two hour service window if the customer is not waiting, and a one hour window if the customer is waiting.
- The first service window of the day is 8am – 10am. The last service window is 6pm – 8pm.
- On site parking is available in the rear, simply inquire with the dog boarding manager for instructions
Details of the Stay
- Reservations for boarding guests are accepted on first come, first served basis. Holidays in particular are busy and tend to fill up quickly. To be sure we can accommodate your reservation, it’s always helpful to submit your intake form as early as practicable.
- Responses by Patrick’s Pet Care to inquiries about availability and rates on certain dates cannot and should not be interpreted to be a confirmation of a reservation. A confirmation of a reservation is only assured once an invoice has been issued by Patrick’s Pet Care and has been paid by the customer.
All new customers and their dogs must come to Patrick’s Pet Care for an evaluation of temperament and disposition prior to the confirmation of their first reservation. Orientations are only done by appointment via email, and can be anytime during our posted hours of operation. Existing Patrick’s Pet Care midday dog walking clients are excepted from this requirement, but are still welcome to visit and orient themselves to the BnB facility. The orientation usually lasts less than 20 minutes and is free of charge. First time customers who make last minute reservations may delay their orientation until drop off, but Patrick’s Pet Care does reserve the right to refuse service in the event of any aggression or temperament issues.
Tours and Evaluations at the PetBnB shall be limited to the following times, by appointment:
Monday-Friday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: from 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Sunday: from 12:00 – 6:00pm
- Existing Patrick’s Pet Care Dog Walking or Day Care customers receive a $10 per night discount off posted rates
- Existing “Recurring Discount” dog walking customers may deduct the value of each walk they would have received during normal walking days from the daily boarding rates
50% off the second dog from the same household
- BnB reservations lasting at least 14 consecutive nights will receive a $15 per night discount (except for holidays and holiday weekends listed above).
- 20% off posted rates for all reservations paid for in cash. Cannot be combined with any other discount.
If you’re not able to bring your dog to our facility yourself, we’re happy to transport him or her for you! Transportation appointments must be organized before the reservation is scheduled to begin, and additional information can be found on our Transportation Services page. Generally, our rates are:
- FREE for existing dog walking customers whose transportation request can function as their dog’s usual mid-day walk.
- $15 for addresses within reasonable walking distance of Columbia Heights
- $25 for addresses in Northwest DC
- $30 for addresses in Northeast, Southeast, or Southwest DC
- $50 for addresses in Montgomery, Prince George’s, Arlington, or Fairfax counties
- Your dog!
- Collar and / or harness (harnesses are encouraged for safety)
- Vaccination and DC pet registration tags, if applicable
- Enough food for their stay, as well as any preferred / special treats
- Any medications (preferably in the original container)
- A favorite toy or two
- Food or water bowls
- Crates, unless the animal is being crate trained or feels safe sleeping in its home crate
- Measuring cups
- Anything that you would be very upset to see chewed
- All overnight guests will be given free reign at Patrick’s Pet Care, behavior permitting. By that we mean that if a dog is respectful of the space and doesn’t attempt to destroy property or repeatedly relieve itself indoors, it is welcome to go about the place as it will. If, however, it does not behave or is aggressive towards other guests, or if it isn’t house trained, or if it shows any signs of communicable or contagious disease, Patrick’s Pet Care reserves the right to segregate and / or quarantine the dog using pet gates or, if necessary, a crate. The only other exception to this policy is if an animal is trained to use a crate and is used to sleeping in a crate and feels safe and at home in its crate, in which case we are happy to continue providing this option.
- All clients should assume, unless specific arrangements are made in advance, that it is likely that their dog’s overnight stay will overlap with at least one other dog, and often multiple other dogs. If your dog does not get along with others and you would prefer him or her to stay overnight alone, please disclose that preference up front. As a matter of safety in instances where more than one dog at a time is staying with us, it is Patrick’s Pet Care policy to intentionally segregate dogs during feeding so as to avoid any potential food aggression issues.
- We believe an animal’s routine should be preserved if at all possible while he/she is an overnight guest at Patrick’s Pet Care so that he or she doesn’t experience unnecessary stress or discomfort. For example, if the dog is used to eating his or her meals at 7am and 4pm, we will make every effort to feed the dog at 7am and 4pm while he or she is a guest. Consequently it is important that the dog’s current routine be explained in the intake form so that it can be planned for and quoted accordingly.
- If your dog has any habits the client wants encouraged or discouraged during the dog’s stay, please let us know. An example of this might be encouraging or discouraging the dog from getting on furniture.
Customers can expect emailed updates about their dog that include photos. Emails are sent every other day for stays of up to a week, and every few days for stays lasting longer than a week. In most cases email updates begin the first night of a guest’s stay. The best method of communication is via email to dogbnb@PatricksPetCare.com. Text message updates are not currently offered. In a true emergency the Manager on Duty can be reached by phone at 202-630-7387.
We’re not able to accept reservations lasting fewer than two consecutive nights.
Customers who provide at least two weeks’ notice (from the start date of the reservation) of a cancellation shall receive a full refund. Customers who provide less than two weeks’ notice shall receive a credit toward a future stay. Customers who cancel with less than 72 hours notice shall not receive a credit or a refund, and there are no refunds for early returns or early pick ups. There are no refunds or credits for any stay that was booked for a holiday weekend, the week of Thanksgiving, or for any date between December 15 and January 15.
- All payments are processed through PayPal, and invoices for boarding reservations will be issued not later than one week prior to the beginning of the stay, or as soon as practicable for short-notice requests. Invoices must be paid within seven days of receipt.
- Billing is done “per night” with a check in and check out time of 12:00pm. Customers who drop off their dogs before 12pm or who do not pick up their dogs by 12pm will be charged an additional 1/2 day charge. Customers who do not pick up their dogs by 6:00pm will be charged an additional night’s stay.
- Any unpaid balances will have compounded 15% interest added after the first 60 days and every 30 days thereafter until the balance is paid.
- Accounts left unpaid after 90 days will be referred to Cavalry Portfolio Services for collections.
- Short Notice Reservations: Any reservation requested and confirmed with less than one week (7 days) notice is subject to a $25 Short Notice Fee
- Last Minute Reservations: Any reservation requested and confirmed with less than 24 hours notice is subject to a $50 Last Minute Fee
- Supply Pick Up: if your dog runs out of an important medication or his food during his stay, we will go to the pharmacy or grocery store to buy more. The cost of supplies will be passed on in addition to a $25 convenience fee. As an alternative, customers may ship supplies directly to the BnB.
- Property Damage: Reasonable messes and occasional accidents are to be expected, but any outrageous destruction of property not caused by negligence of Patrick’s Pet Care employees will be assessed a damage fee commensurate with repair of the damage caused. Potential examples might include: holes in the walls, floor or rugs, and destruction of furniture.
- Medical Attention: if your dog becomes unusually ill during his or her stay, we’ll contact you for instructions immediately. If you cannot be reached, we’ll attempt to reach your listed emergency contact. If neither of you can be reached Patrick’s Pet Care will take the dog to either your preferred veterinary hospital (if it’s open) or to Friendship Animal Hospital. Customers will be billed $50/hr for this service, plus reimbursement for any charges incurred by Patrick’s Pet Care.