If you’re going out of town and would like someone to take care of your home and pets while you’re away, Patrick’s Pet Care is happy to help! One of our experienced caretakers would be happy to hold down to fort, keep everything neat, and cater to all your pets’ needs so they can enjoy the comforts of their own home while you’re away.
Rates and Service Area
- The District’s Northwest and Southwest quadrants are our home base, so if you’re located in NW or SW DC we’re happy to offer an in home overnight stay rate of $100 per night for up to four (4) animals. The rate is all inclusive, as described below.
- If your home is located outside the Northwest and Southwest quadrants of DC, reservations for in home overnight pet sitting may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please use the get in touch form for a quote.
- Requests for an in-home pet sit must be made at least one month prior to the expected start date.
Pet sits lasting five consecutive days or longer will receive a 10% discount off the total cost of the pet sitting reservation.
Policies and Procedures
The following features are included with each pet sit at no additional charge:
- Lots of social time while the caretakers stay with your pets, keeping their routines as consistent as possible and keeping them company overnight.
- One daily check-in email, typically each evening, with a report of the day’s activities and pictures of the pets
- Up to three walks per day for dogs
- Feeding up to three times per day
- Administration of basic oral and topical medications
- Cleaning up after ourselves (sweeping, doing dishes, cleaning litter boxes, etc.)
- Mail, newspaper, and package collection and organization
- Indoor plant care according to specific customer instructions, for up to four house plants
- When they leave, caretakers will leave everything in an even better state than they found it!
- Short video with your usual email update: $5 per instance
- Webcam Monitoring: $10 per day, wifi connection and client smart phone required
- 60 minute Dog Park and / or Rock Creek Park Excursion: $25 per visit
Unless explicitly cleared in advance with the customer, the caretaker will only allow Patrick’s Pet Care staff in the home.
Caretakers will sleep in your home every night of the pet sit, strip the bed of linens at the end of the stay, and start the wash if in-home laundry is available.
While our staff won’t go out of their way to explore your home, the caretaker will assume that he or she is allowed to be in any part of the home unless explicitly informed in advance.
The customer will provide clean linens and towels for the caretaker to use for the duration of his or her stay.
Caretakers are free to set the heat or air conditioning to their personal preference for the duration of the pet sit. The customer will provide any necessary instructions for using the heating or cooling system
Caretakers are free to eat and/or prepare any food in the kitchen or pantry, unless otherwise specified.
For regular Patrick’s Pet Care dog walking customers, we make every effort to have your usual mid-day walker perform any pet sits you need.
Requests for specific pet sitters are welcome, and will be accommodated whenever possible.
All payments are processed through PayPal, and invoices for service will be issued not later than one week prior to the beginning of the pet sit, or as soon as practicable for short-notice requests. Invoices must be paid within seven days of receipt.
Any unpaid balances will have compounded 15% interest added after the first 30 days and every 30 days thereafter until the balance is paid. Accounts left unpaid after 90 days will be referred to Cavalry Portfolio Services for collections.
Returning customers don’t need an orientation with a manager, but should be prepared to meet with the sitter if the sitter is someone who hasn’t previously done a pet sit for that customer.
Key Duplication: $5 per key, as necessary.
Pet Supplies: if insufficient supplies (food, litter, etc.) are left given the duration of the trip, there is a $20 fee in addition to reimbursement of expenses for replacement supplies.
Medication: administration of invasive or complex medications is $5 per administration.
Holiday Rate: overnight reservations taking place on holiday weekends (New Year’s, MLK Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) will be billed at $125 per night.
Customer failing to disclose a serious medical condition about their pet
Customer insisting that Patrick’s Pet Care provide services in a way that Patrick’s Pet Care considers unethical
Customer refusing to pay past outstanding bills
Customer treating members of the Patrick’s Pet Care staff with disrespect